Friday 29 April 2016

What's in your sewing machine drawer?

I'm nosey. When I was little I used to ask my Grandma if I could have a "rude" in her sideboard. I meant root, have a look and generally be nosey. There was and still is some pretty cool stuff in that cupboard.

So, today I am asking you if I can be nosey and have a look inside your sewing machine drawer. Share your photo's on Instagram and tag me @dressmakerssocial so I can see or blog about it and pop a link in the comments.

I have a five year old Singer Confidence, it does the job but as my skills grow so does the disappointment in the stitches the machine produces.

This is what my sewing machine drawer looks like...


It's pretty full!

This is what is in it...

Sewing machine needles, I just topped up my stash, there is not normally this many in there.


Machine feet and a test button hole to remind me where to line up the red mark on the fabric because I forget overtime. I use the four on the right hand side most of all. 


Screwdrivers, bobbins and spool holders.


Pins (that have now been re-homed in a pin cushion), a couple of buttons, seam rippers or unpicks depending what you call them, a chalk pencil and my new sewing gauge. 


A couple of cleaning tools. I use the old paint brush most because it's great for dusting underneath the  needle plate. 


So I have shown you my drawer, what's in yours?


4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of this Emma! And I think you should stick with "rude" makes me laugh everytime. Look forward to ruding through everyone's machines - do you have a hashtag for it?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi guys,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to know more about socialr I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a dressmaker 2402 and can't figure out how to turn it off...help

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always been a challenge to find haberdashery near me, so I usually go online. So far, the best online store I've come across is Calico Laine.

    ReplyDelete