Can you guess what I am posting about?
You will need a little more patience until the big reveal!
The suspense is over! Let me introduce you to #dressmakers52
An photo a week challenge on Instagram for a whole year!
So what is it I hear you ask?! Let me tell you!
I loved organising the MIY March photo a day challenge with Wendy. Having a prompt everyday encouraged me to post, I was inspired by all of the people taking part and most of all I loved social aspect of chatting with people all over the world. For me the only downside of the challenge is how intense it was, great for one month a year but it was exhausting! in the end we had nearly 6000 photo's in #miymarch16 and that was a lot of liking and commenting!
I felt a little lost on the 1st April and missed everyone, whilst being slightly relieved at a day off! It was then that I remembered my friend telling me about an artist doing a 52 Cards challenge where his photo's are theme based for each week of the year. This got me thinking... what if I do a photo a week thing that would keep me in touch with all of the lovely folk I met in March and more?
Hmm, so this is what I came up with...
A Sunday Social, photo a week. A hashtag where we can all hang out!
This is how it will work...
- I have a deck of 52 cards that I have written photo prompts on
- Each Sunday morning (i'm in the UK) I will shuffle the cards and post the theme for that week
- There will be no pre-planning, it's all about the luck of the draw
- Cards will then be put on the discard pile so that there will be no repeating of themes
- To join in, post a photo for the theme and use #dressmakers52 so that we can all see them
- Like I joined Wendy Ward for the running of MIY March Wendy is joining me to host this challenge
- You can post one or more photos anytime during the week
- We will both be posting our fave four on the Saturday* each week. I wonder if we will overlap?!
- Or post at anytime during the week, it's up to you!
- This challenge is all about being social (after all it is the reason I started Dressmaker's Social) if you want to repost a photo that you love or even your own favourite four you are welcome to! Just remember to use the #dressmakers52
- A year is a long time so if you miss a week or a few it doesn't matter, just pop by and join in when you want to
Not really rules, more like guidelines!
- Use #dressmakers52
- Join in
- Have fun
- Like and comment on each other's photo's (this may help with the new Instagram algorithm)
So what do you think? Are you with me? See you over on Instagram!
Starts tomorrow Sunday April 3rd 2016!